Original recipe here: http://vegweb.com/recipes/eggplant-sweet-chili-glaze
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 medium eggplant (sliced)
- For Glaze, in a small saucepan heat water, hot sauce, sugar and garlic until sugar is dissolved and boil for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt and let stand for 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry eggplant slices for about 3 minutes over medium to low heat (covered).
- Flip them over and carefully spread a teaspoon or so of glaze over them.
- Cover and fry for 2 more minutes.