- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup good, thick coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or Tamari on a gluten-free diet)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- Macadamia Nuts
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
1. Rinse and drain rice.
2. In a medium pot, add the rice, broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil on high heat.
3. Once boiling, immediately turn the heat to low, cover with tight fitting lid and let cook for 20 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and do not open lid. Let sit off the heat for 10 minutes to finish steaming.
5. With a fork, fluff up the rice and mix in crushed pineapples, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil.
6. Top with chopped green onion and any of the delightful toppings.